How To Work with iCloud Drive in Any Web Browser.
Previously, I presented an Overview of iCloud Drive, and then also wrote about how to use it on a Mac and on an iPhone or iPad.
Today, I’ll show you a third way to access and manage your iCloud Drive files: iCloud.com.
This is a convenient way to access much of the information on your Apple devices from any computer or device that has a browser. (And not just your working files from applications like iMovie, but also other apps and essential information: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, and Photos.)
Same Features, Different Appearance
You can see and do the many of same things on iCloud Drive on the web that you can do on a MacOS or iOS device.
- Files: add (via upload or drag and drop), move, rename, delete, share (via email only), get info
- Folders: add, rename (user-created folders only)
Where Is the iCloud Drive on iCloud.com?
- Open any Web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) on your Mac/PC or iOS Device.
- In the search window, enter iCloud.com.
- Use your Apple ID and Password to log on.
If you have not used iCloud.com before, follow the Setup Instructions link at the top left.
If you’re a return user to iCloud.com, you’ll see either a display of all the available App and Service Icons—just click on iCloud Drive—or you’ll be logged in to where you were the last time you used the app—in that case, click the drop down arrow at the top left and choose iCloud Drive.
Spend a few minutes with iCloud Drive and get your bearings…
- Review the icons along the top center: Add Folder, Upload, Download, Delete, Email
- Roll over any Folder or File icon and the Get Info icon will appear in the upper right (for details and to rename)
- Click any Folder or File to open it or view it
- Follow the “breadcrumb” icon at the upper left to navigate backward
Related Posts Coming Soon…