How To Bypass Do Not Disturb Using Contact Groups Instead of Favorites.
Previously, I showed you how to set the Do Not Disturb feature on:
Today, I’ll show you how to use a Contact Group instead of your Favorites to allow calls to ring through when Do Not Disturb is activated.
Before You Start
Before you can bypass Do Not Disturb using Groups on your iOS device, you’ll need to have some groups already set up. If you don’t, note that you can only use two methods to organize contacts into groups:
- via the Contacts app on a Mac,
- or via the Contacts area on iCloud.com.
Setting Up the Bypass Group
- Open the Settings on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and touch Do Not Disturb.
- Then touch Allow Calls From.
- Then, under “Groups” select the group that you want.
Note: any phone number associated with any contact within the group will ring through.